AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an issue with the (sole) hdmi port on my 40" xbr1. Whenever I hook up any device, I get no audio and only thick jagged purple lines for video. The really weird thing is that one device works fine, my 60gb PS3. I've tried cable boxes, blu-ray players, laptops and my X-box. I've also tried plenty of different hdmi cables. All of the cables worked when hooked up to the PS3, but not with any other devices.

If anyone has any insight on this problem or any possible solutions, I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
412 Posts
What is the output resolution of the other devices set to versus the PS3? This is an older model television. Did any of the mentioned input devices work in the past?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
None of the devices ever worked except the ps3. As far as the output resolution, I think most of them were set to 720p. I know I had to set the ps3 at 720p to get it to display. My blu-ray player and cable box must be set to 720p because they are both currently hooked up to my bxr1 via component, both without any issues, and the tv will only display up to 720p. (or 1080i, I forget which)

·
Registered
474 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt2783 /forum/post/18290599

None of the devices ever worked except the ps3. As far as the output resolution, I think most of them were set to 720p. I know I had to set the ps3 at 720p to get it to display. My blu-ray player and cable box must be set to 720p because they are both currently hooked up to my bxr1 via component, both without any issues, and the tv will only display up to 720p. (or 1080i, I forget which)

when your blu-ray player is hooked up via component, don't you have to go into the player menu and change the output to HDMI if you want to use the HDMI cable?

That is how it works with my blu-ray players....go to the player menu and change to hdmi. You'll lose your picture on the component output but when you hook up the hdmi cable, you should be fine. Just make sure you choose 1080i as the hdmi resolution that you want, as the XBR1 is incapable of receiving a 1080p signal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts