AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People are asking why the XBR2's look more 3D well they are true LC units. They say in the specs they are optically coupled so in short they are LC!

The other Sony TV's are not so they are not as 3D as many have said that is the major difference(also the Firewire) that the other Sets have.

I must say the XBR2's picture is awsem I like it better than the Pioneer sets this year. Anthony.................

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
LC=liquid coupled (lense system) which improves the contrast and black level.

Some claim that LC actually reduces sharpness. But overall it is a nice feature and usually comes on high end front projectors.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Is this is projection only units or KD-34xbr2 has one also???

Quote:
Originally posted by Asab
People are asking why the XBR2's look more 3D well they are true LC units. They say in the specs they are optically coupled so in short they are LC!

The other Sony TV's are not so they are not as 3D as many have said that is the major difference(also the Firewire) that the other Sets have.

I must say the XBR2's picture is awsem I like it better than the Pioneer sets this year. Anthony.................

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ripped my XBR2 apart today and for sure the unit indeed has optical coupling and the raster size is 6.3. Again I say that this is the best set from Sony ! Just thought I would update everyone

thanks guys........................Anthony.........

·
Registered
710 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by arthurvino
Is this is projection only units or KD-34xbr2 has one also???

A direct-view set doesn't even have "optics" in the sense this is referring to, so I guess the answer is no, but its not as if its LACKING it or anything..

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
The new Hitachi Ultavision sets are LC as well, how do they compare?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.