AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
8,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just calibrated a Sony KDL-46XBR2 LCD. I was surprised how good the image was. I've never been a big fan of LCDs.

Anyway, other than the wildly inaccurate color points that seems to have become Sony's trademark, I was disappointed to find that it failed to resolve the full resolution of at 37 MHz multiburst pattern when fed a 1080i signal. It was fine at 720p.

This is a 1080p-ready set, so this was especially disappointing. I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with this set? I know the service menu tweak for the Sony SXRD A200 model that has a similar problem. I'm wondering if the labyrinth that is the Sony service menu contains a similar adjustment for these sets? I just didn't have time to go hunting for it.

Thanks.

· Registered
392 Posts
Sony has made 4 menu calibration changes available on a memory USB card for this line of sets, perhaps one of those changes addresses this issue. A search of that set's calibration site should give you an answer.

Richard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.