AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 46 inch xbr4 thats a little over 2 years old. A few months ago i notice when i turn my tv on I green hair thin line right down the middle of my screen. It goes away after about 30 minutes. Is there a fix for this ?

·
Registered
412 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltent /forum/post/18152601

ygm.. check your inbox

Are you going to help everyone here or only the inbox of certain people? The LCD panel is covered for a no-charge repair. Contact Sony.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Original Issue: Pink Ghosting and small vertical lines (1/18 apart) throughout screen.

Problem: Bad LCD Panel

Cost: $2300 (US) to repair

Issue just appeared, called Sony Customer Service and initially turns out to be a known defect for 2007 manufactured models. Sony had implemented 18 month warranty extension (6 months beyond orginal 12 month warranty). Sony currently is offering up the ability to purchase a W5150 for $1100 (apx $300 discount off of retail) or will contribute $900 to repair, still leaving me out of pocket $1400 for a two year old top of the line product. I am still awaiting an additional call back from the office of the president....Not Happy

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same pink/red ghosting problem on a smaller M-series set manufactured in 2007.

Promble: Bad LCD Panel

Repair Cost: $900

Service center is offering me 50% off of the repair cost. Unfortunately, repairing it would actually cost me more than the as just replacing the set with a new one. My last Sony TV lasted 25 years - this one not even 2 years - it's just sad.

·
Registered
781 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelmar /forum/post/18266362

Original Issue: Pink Ghosting and small vertical lines (1/18 apart) throughout screen.

Problem: Bad LCD Panel

Cost: $2300 (US) to repair

Issue just appeared, called Sony Customer Service and initially turns out to be a known defect for 2007 manufactured models. Sony had implemented 18 month warranty extension (6 months beyond orginal 12 month warranty). Sony currently is offering up the ability to purchase a W5150 for $1100 (apx $300 discount off of retail) or will contribute $900 to repair, still leaving me out of pocket $1400 for a two year old top of the line product. I am still awaiting an additional call back from the office of the president....Not Happy

What do you mean by "known defect"?

·
Registered
412 Posts
I agree. Please show us some documentation that proves this is a known defect. It certainly is not known to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.