AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at picking up an MX800, but I've got a question regarding its ability to perform with my Sony 40XBR. To switch between the different inputs on my XBR, I have to cycle through the various inputs to get to the one I want to use. Is there any way for me to program the MX800 to directly to "DVD", for example, with out cycling through the 5 other inputs I'm using on the XBR?

The reason I ask....I'd like to set up macros for watching DVD, HD, Sat, etc so I can simply hit the DVD macro button, and have the XBR switch to the DVD input and have all the other equipment go to the appropriate settings. I don't foresee a problem with the other components, only the XBR and its "cycle to input" issue.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yes, there are discrete codes available for the different video inputs on your television, so you'll be able to create terrific macros like DVD that changes your TV right to that input, turns on your DVD player, etc.!

·
Registered
350 Posts
There are discrete codes... the challenge will be finding them! :) I've got the new Panasonic 50 inch LCD (PT-50LC13) TV, and I'm 99% sure there are discrete input and power codes out there, but I have had no luck finding them in any of the obvious forums on the Internet.

In the case of Sony, you might be in more luck, there are loads of codes for Sonys pre-programmed into the MX-800 editor software, but none of them mention that model # specifically (but you may find the discrete codes for other similar models work on your TV).

Best of luck!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Thanks, I certainly will try them tonight. I don't have a remote that can take direct IR (HEX) codes, so I'll have to hope the second link you sent with the CCF files will work. Those I can import into the MX-800 editor, which I will try ASAP.

Thanks for the link, I'm not sure if I've tried these yet or not.

Jason

·
Registered
17,711 Posts
if the first does not work, then you have two choices for the second.

1) download ProntoEdit and create your CCF (but it might make you want a Pronto :) )

2) PM me your e-mail address and I will create the CCF for you to test

·
Registered
350 Posts
This continues off-topic, but I've tried all of the discrete codes on RC for Panasonic HDTVs, Plasma TVs, and regular TVs, and it looks like Panasonic has developed something new and unique (thanks Panny!) for this TV. I'm sure they'll come out before long, but so far, no luck here. :)

One code does work, the code for PC/VGA on the Panasonic Plasmas acts as a toggle for me on this display between VGA input 1 and VGA input 2, which is a step in the right direction, but not quite what I need yet. That code is here: VGA Input Code if anyone needs that code.

·
Registered
17,711 Posts
THere is one more thing you can try. There are some utilities that can analyse and create all possible codes from one command

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin...irprograms&fc=

Then you can use IRpanel
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin...s/irpanels.zip

to put all those codes created into a CCF.

There are two things to note

1) there will be a lot of codes for you to import into your HTM

2) sometimes equipment have codes that can cause problems (enter test mode....) so testing codes like that are at your own risk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.