AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I just purchased this TV with Sony's 4K media player. I have watched a video on Youtube of a person that had purchased the same setup. In this video they had stated that 2 people from Sony had came out to do the firmware update and install a new HDMI in port 4. My question is, Do I need to contact Sony to have this done. If so, where do I call? I am also wondering if they will upgrade the other ports. I don't want to have to run the media player through my receiver. Does anyone have any suggestions to set this up. I run my cable box and Bluray player through my receiver. I also have the Darbee Darblet 5000 between my receiver and television and really like the added detail and depth it brings to the table. Any and all reccommendations will be greatly appreciated. I live in Western NY and also would like to have my new television calibrated. If anyone knows of anyone other than Geek squad that can do this. No disrespect to Best Buy, however I don't trust that they will do it properly.   

1 - 1 of 1 Posts