AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be receiving my 65 inch Sony xbr850b on Tuesday, March 17th. Have some urgent questions as this is my first major tv purchase.

1) How do I know if I got lucky with panel lottery? Does sony even have a panel lottery on the xbr850b? If so, what panel codes are superior?

2) Possible issues to look for in new tv?

3) I'm not looking to copy calibration settings, but wanted to know in general what some obvious settings I should have on/off/tweaked with this sony?

4) Which hdmi cables do you guys swear by? I purchased 2 ultra premium solid chordz hdmi cables....is it worth upgrading to say monster hdmi cables?

5) Anything else I should know about this tv? Tips ?

Appreciate any and all feedback.

·
Registered
17,118 Posts
I will be receiving my 65 inch Sony xbr850b on Tuesday, March 17th. Have some urgent questions as this is my first major tv purchase.

1) How do I know if I got lucky with panel lottery? Does sony even have a panel lottery on the xbr850b? If so, what panel codes are superior?

2) Possible issues to look for in new tv?

3) I'm not looking to copy calibration settings, but wanted to know in general what some obvious settings I should have on/off/tweaked with this sony?

4) Which hdmi cables do you guys swear by? I purchased 2 ultra premium solid chordz hdmi cables....is it worth upgrading to say monster hdmi cables?

5) Anything else I should know about this tv? Tips ?

Appreciate any and all feedback.
watch something that has very dark scenes with the lights off. if you can see light bleeding through and washing out hte image then you have a crappy panel. heres a good picture where you can see all the lightbleed on my 850b before i returned it.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts