AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an awesome deal, I purchased a 65" about a week and a half ago and since then i've been eye balling the 65" 4K from Sony. Well last night I got on the internet , wentbto Beet Buy .com and noticed that the TV in which I paid $5,600.00 for was no longer at that price. I could not believe the drastic price difference

So I woke up this morning and hauled ass to Best Buy, got an $1,845.00 refund then purchased another one for $3,788.00.

BTW, I purchased a Samsung 60" 7500 series and did not like it one bit so i returned it.. Then I went back and purchased the supposed amazing Panasonic Viera VT 50 but that was not a good tv either so I returned it. Then about a month and a half ago I was in Dallas and decided to go to the Sony store and as I walked in they had the sony XBR65HX950 and I was blown away. hands down that in my opinion is the best TV on the market.

To make a short story long I Effing love this TV so much I bought 2. Forget about the 4K for now lol

·
Registered
601 Posts
I tried to purchase the 65HX950 at my local Best Buy, but they're not available in my area. The web site has Coming Soon, even though it's being cleared out for the new 4k models. I think they're just trying to blow out their extremely limited stock, if you can even find one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Happened to me you need to ask them to check their warehouse inventory and that will give them access to be able to order it. In other words you can go directly to customer service and ask them to do a special order that's what I did and it worked because I asked them to see if they had it in stock and they went ahead and just checked their online website and told me that they did not have any in stock but when I asked customer service they were able to order it for me. Sprry for the run on sentences i used SIRI lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastaMind  /t/1469770/sony-xbrhx950-best-deal#post_23240866

They did check the warehouse inventory, but there was nothing available. He tried a couple different routes to find one that was available.
That sucks :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolen_it_Up  /t/1469770/sony-xbrhx950-best-deal#post_23241830

I think I got the last one in Florida. Just ordered from BB today. Being delivered Friday.
That's bad ass, did you order it today!? Believe me you're gonna love it the picture quality, brightness, contrast etc is really good out of the box. The movies don't look fake they look great. In my opinion.. Of course everybody might have a different opinion but I absolutely love it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
US Appliance was selling these last week for $38XX (free ship). You have to get to the last page of their checkout to see the discount in the cart (after the CC info is entered but before you submit the order). I'm not sure if it's still available. I was able to get Amazon to price match since I prefer to do business with them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKA  /t/1469770/sony-xbrhx950-best-deal#post_23245288

US Appliance was selling these last week for $38XX (free ship). You have to get to the last page of their checkout to see the discount in the cart (after the CC info is entered but before you submit the order). I'm not sure if it's still available. I was able to get Amazon to price match since I prefer to do business with them.

That's a good deal!! But since I'm a premier silver member with Best Buy iI have 60 days to return and also get free calibration and in home installation.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaio23  /t/1469770/sony-xbrhx950-best-deal#post_23246328

Great post. Just picked up a like new open box with only 40 hrs on the panel for $2999. Was going to get a Sammy f8500 but couldn't pass this up.

Wow that is a great deal!! Please tell me how you like...

·
Banned
10,026 Posts
The Marlborough MA store has one that he said will normally cost you $3500 but is now $3000 (it's a floor model----been on their magnolia wall for 4-5 months and powered down every night.)

No, I don't work for BB. Search my posts: I bust on them a lot.

·
Registered
924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024  /t/1469770/sony-xbrhx950-best-deal#post_23258883

The Marlborough MA store has one that he said will normally cost you $3500 but is now $3000 (it's a floor model----been on their magnolia wall for 4-5 months and powered down every night.)

So did you buy it???

·
Banned
10,026 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KONICA TECH  /t/1469770/sony-xbrhx950-best-deal/0_100#post_23259073

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024  /t/1469770/sony-xbrhx950-best-deal#post_23258883

So did you buy it???

No. I detest active 3D so much that I "pass"d.
Actually, passive 3D is the only reason I'm considering Sony again. And will Samsung and Sharp when they also cave.

Still hurts me thinking about though. Go and call them before I change my mind. Just (as always) make sure that it's a 950----that's the part of the conversation I didn't quadruple check.

·
Registered
924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024  /t/1469770/sony-xbrhx950-best-deal#post_23260468

Actually, passive 3D is the only reason I'm considering Sony again. And will Samsung and Sharp when they also cave.

Still hurts me thinking about though. Go and call them before I change my mind. Just (as always) make sure that it's a 950----that's the part of the conversation I didn't quadruple check.
I saw that set and it is a 950 and it looks stunning but the price is $75.00 higher than you quoted and has no remote / manuel that comes with the set. Allen, the salesman you spoke with told me you were there. I would prefer spending that amount ,or a bit more with a new in box complete TV.  I guess I am just cheap, but they would have to lower the price....

·
Banned
10,026 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KONICA TECH  /t/1469770/sony-xbrhx950-best-deal/0_100#post_23260576

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024  /t/1469770/sony-xbrhx950-best-deal#post_23260468

I saw that set and it is a 950 and it looks stunning but the price is $75.00 higher than you quoted and has no remote / manuel that comes with the set. Allen, the salesman you spoke with told me you were there. I would prefer spending that amount ,or a bit more with a new in box complete TV.  I guess I am just cheap, but they would have to lower the price....

He told you $3075?????? Huh. And that's weird this world being this small. And that's weird that he remembered my online handle. YOU aren't that Allen are you?

Why would the price suddenly go up $75?

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
I would say to everyone that wants one get them as they are getting difficult to find. None at any BB's here in the NJ area, no demos or stock. PC Richards here in NJ does have a few in stock, but will not match BB's price.

·
Banned
10,026 Posts
It really is a picture to drool over. Even at 65" up close I was knocked out of my socks.

Of course, I'm not overlooking the fact that it's in a pitch-black Magnolia room with nothing casting a specular reflection, etc. But holy moley was that thing nice.

·
Registered
84 Posts
FYI, Best Buy may be out but the Sony stores are offering it at the same $3499 price and may have some for those still searching. Just came from my Sony Outlet store in Waltham MA and they still had a few.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.