AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm brand new to this camcorder stuff, so I'll apologize up front if I've posted in the wrong spot or if I get the terminology all wrong. Here's my question:

When I play back the .m2ts using the LCD discplay on the XR500V, everything looks great. When I import the files into my computer using the PMB software and try to view them, they appear very dark.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Is the issue with the camcorder, the PMB software, or my computer?

PMB will not allow me to edit the file to adjust the brightness. Is there a third party software utility I can use to view/edit these files?

Lastly, and most importantly, which method of viewing shows the actual brightness of the recording, viewing on the LCD or through PMB? Is the brightness of the recorded material okay, and PMB is just not showing it correctly, or will it look dark when I play the .m2ts file on any device other than the camcorder's LCD? If the .m2ts files are okay, then I guess this isn't urgent because I can find a different viewer later, but I'd like to know because I bought this camera to capture the birth of my twin daughters (coming very soon
) and I want to make sure that the actual recordings (m2ts files) are not too dark.

I called Sony and they had me re-install PMB and download a software update, but that was no help at all.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ken

· Registered
1,916 Posts

Hi All,

I'm brand new to this camcorder stuff, so I'll apologize up front if I've posted in the wrong spot or if I get the terminology all wrong. Here's my question:

When I play back the .m2ts using the LCD discplay on the XR500V, everything looks great. When I import the files into my computer using the PMB software and try to view them, they appear very dark.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Is the issue with the camcorder, the PMB software, or my computer?

PMB will not allow me to edit the file to adjust the brightness. Is there a third party software utility I can use to view/edit these files?

Watch what you have recorded on your tv the component lead will be fine, that will tell you what yiu have recorded and how it looks before you think about editing, pc monitors rarely look the same as a good hd tv.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Flintyplus.

The images look okay when I view them on my TV with the camcorder connected using component video cables.

The more I use the PMB software, the more I don't like it.

It seems that file management and the m2ts file type on these camcorders are a real pain in the @ss. I'm guessing I'll be able to find alot of posts in this forum on these two topics.

Thanks,

Ken

· Registered
2,482 Posts
Did you ever get this figured out? I have a 2009 17" MacBook Pro and I just order the XR500V. I have iMovie 09, Final Cut Pro and Final Cut Express. What software are you using?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.