AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to make up my mind on which set to get. 55" has already been decided. Upgrading from a 5 year old Emerson LCD by surprise after an unexpected incident. Due to the set up of the room the TV goes in half of the seating is of center. Im staying under $1,500. Sony seems to be a good option due to the IPS and the 800b is cheaper than the 850b. I don't need 3d, as I don't have it now and don't feel like I'm missing anything. The Vizio is enticing because of the full array. I'm open to suggestions. I don't care about built in smart features either to be honest.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Forgot to ask what are the benefits of the 850 over the 800 besides 3d?
The trilumunous technology is the biggest advantage. There is a visible difference in color between the two. Since the price difference between the two is so small right now with current pricing it would be silly not to step up to the x850b.

IMO, at $1500 the X850B is a tremendous value.

Side by side the vizio p-series vs the X850b I thought the vizio had better blacks but that was about it. The sony had better color and handled non-4k content noticeably better. That being said the Vizio is $500 less.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.