AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am at a standstill on which player to get. i want sacd and have read a lot about the yamaha 2300, denon 3800, and sony 999es. all three seem to be good to great. which one would you choose?

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Sony 999-ridden with artifacts. I returned it after two weeks. The Yamaha 2300, simply excellent all the way around. I love it. The Denon 3800-never saw it, so can't comment on it.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Denon 3800 does not do SACD playback...and if the Sony is 'buggy' to say the least, I would recommend the Yamaha DVD-s2300.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I would look at the Denon 2900, it does both sacd and dvd-a

·
Registered
463 Posts
If I am not mistaken, the Denon DVD-2900 is not available yet, therefore if storminorm wants to get a machine now, there are only a few choices. This includes the Yamaha or the Sony. Lets not get into the Pioneer units...

My .02 cents.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Segaboy, your right about the availability. Denon rep. say's it will be in the stores around early May, if not sooner.

~ Jay

·
Registered
579 Posts
I just came home with the Yamaha 2300 a few days ago. I bought it without warning my wife first. I have 30 days to decide if I want to keep it. My wife says we're keeping it. She likes it more for the video display, but is also impressed by its capabilities with SACD and DVD-A. I, too, am impressed with the picture it displays.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Here's the thing I keep wondering about with the 2900:

It sounds like it's going to be a really nice machine, but don't forget that the Denon 3900 (3800 replacement) is going to be out in the fall. So they really can't make that 2900 the total shizznit since there's going to be something that should be *better* coming out soon thereafter.

The Yamaha 2300 has been compared favorably to the 3800.. and the 2900 is supposed to be a step-down in quality from the 3900. So I just remain very curious about how a 2900/3900/2300 compar-o would go.

The good news is, we're finally getting some decent choices in terms of universal players (I consider the 2300 the first.. I still love mine a bit more every day :) ). I hope the Denons turn out to be excellent.

Dave

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HEY...I CAN WAIT FOR THE 2900. THEN THE CHOICE WILL BE BETWEEN THE YAMAHA 2300 AND THE DENON 2900...i forgot the caps were on...thanks for your comments and i think either of these units will work for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.