AVS Forum banner

381 - 400 of 428 Posts

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
Congratulations on your soon to be Z9G! I hope this TV is everything you are expecting in a top end TV. From everything I’ve read and videos I’ve seen, panel uniformity is excellent! With no visible DSE, banding, or blotchiness.

Here’s hoping you get a winner this time around.:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
The Z9G already support Dolby Atmos. Just make sure you're playing a movie / clip that has it. For instance, If you have Dolby Atmos capable hardware (Z9G, soundbar, A/V receiver,etc) and a NetFlix plan that supports streaming in Ultra HD, available titles will display a Dolby Atmos icon next to their description; that's all

·
Vendor
27,457 Posts
I prefer to use a stand anyway because this tv like its predecessor will be connected to an AVR receiver and various electronic boxes.
The nice thing is, once your run the wires you will not have to run wires again usually...... You do usually need a stand though for your other gear. IT is excellent when there is a closet near by so you can use that for your gear :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
My TV won't be here until early October, but I'm planning out how I'm going to mount it and run my connections ahead of time. I'll be using this mount, and I'd like to know if I'll be able to reach behind the TV once mounted to connect Ethernet and my HDMI cable, or if I need to do this before putting it on the wall?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just ordered one of the last of these beasts from Amazon. Won't be able to get it delivered and setup until around the 2nd week of October. The wait is going to be brutal!
Was the seller Beach Camera? It looks like that’s who is currently selling these through Amazon. Just want to make sure they are legit. (Listed as an authorized seller on Sony’s website) Only a few left.

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
I have purchased from Beach Camera before and they are legit.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Was the seller Beach Camera? It looks like that’s who is currently selling these through Amazon. Just want to make sure they are legit. (Listed as an authorized seller on Sony’s website) Only a few left.
No, it was sold by video audio center and fulfilled by Amazon. I've never heard of beach camera, but I have ordered from Walts TV and video audio center before and can vouch for them. They both still have stock on Amazon I believe.

·
Registered
171 Posts
X2, I bought my Z9G from them and had good luck. My first panel had a flaw and they took care of me. Chris is legit..
What was wrong with your panel? Anything I should look for when mine arrives? Also, is there any reason to use earc for my Blu-ray player rather than running it through my AVR?

·
Registered
238 Posts
What was wrong with your panel? Anything I should look for when mine arrives? Also, is there any reason to use earc for my Blu-ray player rather than running it through my AVR?
There was a smudge on the screen on the top left corner that wouldn’t come out. I
would just watch it and see if everything seems good. You can check for screen uniformity but definitely don’t expect it to be perfect.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #391
PS5 Preordered, can't wait to see Z9G and PS5 working together… I think this could be a pair made in heaven :)

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
Xbox Series X and PS5 on order. Now I only need a HDMI 2.1 switch!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Sorry if this question has been asked but...

Does anyone else's have problems with heat off z9g? mine is in a game room and it gets so hot in there can't even bear it. I have a buddy who does HVAC and had him add a return in there to try to cycle air and this hasn't helped.

I was thinking of adding a Tri-zone system with this 19x14 ft room being one zone to run ac in there (it has two registers).

Has anyone else had this problem? Why is mine so hot? I live in a brand new energy efficiant home...should haven't to redo the HVAC unit for a tv...

Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts

Does anyone else's have problems with heat off z9g? mine is in a game room and it gets so hot in there can't even bear it. I have a buddy who does HVAC and had him add a return in there to try to cycle air and this hasn't helped.

I was thinking of adding a Tri-zone system with this 19x14 ft room being one zone to run ac in there (it has two registers).

Has anyone else had this problem? Why is mine so hot? I live in a brand new energy efficiant home...should haven't to redo the HVAC unit for a tv...

Thanks
I noticed my AC runs more frequently when the Z9G is on. I think it is normal based on how much power this thing uses.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Has anyone figured out how to get the letterbox bars blacker? Even when there isn‘t blooming into them (which is itself quite frequent), they still aren’t black most of the time. I’m considering swapping the 77 inch OLED in my living room for the Z9G in my media room. I don’t really want to give up the 8 inches though — at only 7 feet viewing distance, it’s very cinematic.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts

Thanks
My theater/media room gets super hot. But I have two large amps and the Z9G so it’s somewhat expected. Turning the ceiling fan on helps.

·
Registered
30 Posts

Thanks
WOW! does it really get that hot? Something is wrong here.
I've owned my 85 inch Z9G for almost 5 months now and I have to say that I have never seen it get that kinda of hot when I am in the back dusting it off. I have a large entertainment room and keep my AC between 66 and 68 degrees. I even have all the rear plastic panels that come with the TV installed to hide all the wires.

I am definitely not an expert, but I would suggest having it checked out.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #399

Thanks
Mine gets hot dependent on what I'm watching:
  • if I watch SDR -> hot but not to hot
  • if I game in HDR -> preety hot
I must say in both cases I do not feel the room temperature being affected, only when I come near the TV I can feel the heat

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #400
What do you guys think, would it be possible to run 8K 60fps YouTube videos on PS5 - and than display it on our ZG9?
If not at the day0 maybe with some future PS5 updates...

381 - 400 of 428 Posts