AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone demo'd this thing? I think the latest version is the 875P. It is a progressive scan, but i'm wondering if anyone saw the picture quality. I would be using it with a Panasonic 300u PJ. I kinda like the idea of having access to my entire DVD collection without touching the discs. Less chance of scratching/losing a disc as well as not having to integrate a media rack in the family room. The only feature it doesn't support is JPG slideshow which could be a nice feature when family is over. I believe the price is mid $400's.

Bobby

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
The newest model is the 985 which supports sacd. No experience with either, I hear people complained about the 875 because as soon as you power it on, it starts playing the last disc vs letting you choose first.

·
Registered
809 Posts
There is a rather large thread on the 875P.

I have the 875 and like it a lot. The auto play "feature" is really more of a nuisance than any real problem. If you think about it all DVD players do the same thing it is just annoying with a changer. With a single disc player you have to get up and put a new disc in so it's not such a big deal to auto play. After all you may want to watch the disk already in the tray.

The only real trouble I've had was a carousel malfunction which caused all my discs to fall over. When the player opens the door or performs any disc access functions it likes to spin around a lot so needless to say it was a horrible mess inside the player by the time I got the door open so I could get the discs out. Luckily I haven't found any discs that were damaged or rendered unplayable by the ordeal yet. It was under warranty so Sony fixed it for free.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.