AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Quote:
Sony announced that its new dash personal Internet viewer will feature a dedicated application for Netflix, allowing Netflix members to instantly watch thousands of movies and TV episodes directly on the unit.

Additionally, Demand Media has confirmed that its service offerings, eHow, Golflink and Livestrong.com, will be added to the expanding content lineup.

Sony's dash personal Internet viewer wirelessly delivers the real-time Internet to any room of the home or office by providing always-on, sequential display of more than 1,500 apps from Sony's Bravia Internet Video platform and the Chumby Industries personalized content channel.

Further, the new dash device has the ability to stream online music videos, television, or film content on demand. It features a 7-inch color touchscreen and multiple viewing angles to keep consumers connected, informed and entertained without the need for a PC, Sony said.

"We're continuing to develop innovative products that bring online music, news, video and more into our customers' homes in real time," said Brennan Mullin, senior VP of Sony Electronics' personal imaging and audio business. "By adding content from Netflix and Demand Media to our dash product, Sony is giving consumers a new, convenient way to enjoy some of the highest-quality entertainment and most useful information available on the Internet today."

Movies and TV episodes streamed instantly from Netflix can be easily accessed through a Queue-based user interface, in which choices from a Netflix member's Queue will be automatically displayed when the Netflix icon on the device is touched.
http://www.twice.com/article/449448-..._Offerings.php

·
Registered
660 Posts
I picked one of these up Friday. The Netflix app runs great. Smooth with no problems. Totally worth the $199 IMHO.

Some other things aren't available at launch that were pretty important to me. Playing videos, music and viewing pictures from USB is not present and the menu selection states "Coming soon". Some references on Sony's forums suggests their next firmware update is expected within the next 30 days. No idea what's in it.

Pandora and Slacker work nicely. However, the Pandora app has a terrible design. Lots of wasted space and no first level buttons for thumbs up/down.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Still getting mine setup, but lots of fun so far. Netflix movies look great, and not too hard to get my Pandora stations all loaded up, so should be a great solution for the bedroom. S.O. already wants one for the kitchen as well. Lots to get configured on the Sony Dash, but once set up it should provide a nice little internet wake up station.

·
Registered
9 Posts
fun, fun, fun device! We have it in the kitchen and spend more time in there just playing with it. we fire up the failtronic 800 and improve conversations working its sound effects into the dialog. silly, but great fun!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.