AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey Weatron... where did you find this information? Any idea on serial numbers or dates of manufacture to watch for to identify hissless units?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sorry, but I'm not clear on this. Was the IC1800 the bad chip that needed to be replaced, or is the IC1800 the new chip that replaced the bad one? (Or perhaps a newer version of the IC1800 replaced an earlier one?) If you can, please clarify. Thanks again.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Maybe this is the reason that the 9000ES has been so long in the release cycle. Can anyone confirm that the 9000ES doesn't have the hiss that the lower models have/had??

·
Registered
15 Posts
weatron:

Do you know the part number or more information about this?

I own a 5000ES receiver, I notice some hiss at high volumes, but it doesnt really bother me that much (yet).

BB

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Any idea how one gets their receiver fixed? I suspect all those in current circulation have this problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
weatron:

Thanks for the info.

Do you know if there is a bulletin posted on this problem?

If so do you know the bulletin number/id?

BB

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
How does one go about getting a fix for this problem? Do I call a Sony Service Center and mention the event #, if so what will they do for me/to me?

·
Registered
5 Posts
weatron: Give us an update on what's going on with this issue.

You said something about the replacement of a chip (IC1800), but we would like to know what to do... Where do we can find more info (Official) on this? Is Sony doing something about this? Is there any web page at Sony saying something of this problem and how to fixed?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I am looking to buy the 3000 or 5000, but am in no real rush. If anyone learns the date or serial number(s) after which the new chip is sure to have been installed at the factory, I'd sure like to know.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Where is this information coming from? IMO it isn't reliable unless a source is listed. Part numbers are great, but this is the only place I have seen any information regarding a 'fix' for the 3000ES.

I've noticed that the 3000ES is not in stock at my local stores, and even Ebay merchants don't have the 3000. Onecall? Nope, no 3000.

The 2000 and 5000 are abundant everywhere, and the function with no hiss unless you turn the volume all the way up. I don't see why they would need to be 'fixed', unless Sony is going to make them even quieter (which would be great).

·
Registered
118 Posts
From what I've read (And I cannot confirm, but read this on another forum), all the newer units (Specifically the ones that got shipped to Canada, are hiss-free)... we also had to wait until about mid-Jan before 3000ES's showed up.

That, or the writer of said topic (who was also from my city in Canada) wasn't capable of hearing any hiss.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.