AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to apply for the sonystyle card for the $150 off. Can i use the card to purchase an ipod say at amazon apple or some other online or offline retailer to get the $150 off?

·
Banned
128 Posts
When the deal was valid for me a long time ago I had to use the card on Sonystyle.com to get the credit. I didn't think Sony was offering this anymore, do you have a link? I have a few friends that want PS3's but won't pay $399.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You had to apply for the card before December 31st. If you applied before the new year then you can still get the $150 off offer. Otherwise the current offer is only $100 off.

The way I read it was that the Sony card is just like any VISA card. You can use it anywhere.

·
Banned
128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester805 /forum/post/15499170

The way I read it was that the Sony card is just like any VISA card. You can use it anywhere.

Yes, but to get the credit you have to make a purchase of $299 or more on Sonystyle.com. Link

·
Registered
65 Posts
You might want to try www.sonyrewards.com , not sure if the $150 credit is still offered. If you sign up for a Chase/Sony Visa you get a $150 credit applied to the first purchase over $299. Could not find an expiration date on the website. Not sure if it is the same offering your talking about on Sony style

·
Registered
110 Posts
The Playstation blog had a post about the card and there were 2 choices: one was to be able to get $150 off from sonystyle w/o the card and the other was to wait for the card and to be able to get $150 off from a sony site or an authorized dealer (amazon, dell, etc.)

I chose the 2nd deal, not sure if it's still valid, but you can check the blog for the post

·
Registered
800 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisfc1972 /forum/post/15498977

i cant seem to find a link to the offer either. ive searched google and sonystyle.

I think the deadline has passed to get this deal. I got in on the last couple of days and got my ps3 yesterday

·
Registered
132 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline65 /forum/post/15536121

Offer is $100 card credit now, with an additional $200 card credit if you charge $1500 within the first 3 months, and another $1500 in the next 3 months ($3000 in charges over six months, not including the PS3 purchase)

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/gatewa...rlink=srnowps3

Hmmm...not sure if spending money to save money makes sense for me in this instance

·
Registered
750 Posts
Racking up 3 grand on a credit card to get a $200 credit is probably not a wise idea.

I did it when it was $150 off, bought the PS3, paid it off. Now I want to close the credit card before I'm tempted to use it again.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Nobody says you need to leave a balance on the card. just use the card for all day to day expenses like utilities, bills, food, groceries, etc. 3k is about 3 months of expenditures.....

·
Registered
603 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline65 /forum/post/15536121

Offer is $100 card credit now, with an additional $200 card credit if you charge $1500 within the first 3 months, and another $1500 in the next 3 months ($3000 in charges over six months, not including the PS3 purchase)

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/gatewa...rlink=srnowps3

Wow... that's an awesome deal since I charge much more than that anyway and as long as the balance is paid off every month that is *almost* a free ps3.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yep, I figured a ~$100 PS3 deal is too good to pass up. I signed up last Tuesday, ordered the PS3 from Sony Style, and Fedex delivered it on Saturday morning. Also signed up on the Sony Rewards web site, registered 5 Sony products, and got 2500 points. Redeemed the points for a free Blu-Ray remote.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How does this promotion work? I signed for a card back in December and was approved recently and want to buy a refurbished projector from sony style. Will the $100 credit apply? The site just states it has to be a qualifying purchase of at least $299 or more but doesn't state what constitutes a qualifying purchase.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts