AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
23,039 Posts
I believe there's only been one "spin" of the DVDs. So they should all be anamorphic. I'm pretty sure Season 1 is, but it's been a while since I watched it. However, that is a ridiculous price. I'd due my do diligence.

larry

edit:

The Sopranos® import DVD bundle includes seasons 1-6 and plays on all DVD players and all formats (PAL and NTSC). The Sopranos® import DVD bundle includes seasons 1-6.

red flag, red flag, red flag

danger, Will Robinson...

larry

·
Registered
29,277 Posts
All HBO box sets are priced at the "ridiculous" level. They don't seem to care that they'd sell a lot more of them and make a lot more money if they'd price them commensurate with the rest of the TV show DVD world. It would also serve to expose their "brand" to more people if more people could afford to buy them. I'm often astonished at their lack of [common] business sense at that company (don't get me started on their lack-of-OAR policy on their HD movies...).

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper /forum/post/0

I believe there's only been one "spin" of the DVDs. So they should all be anamorphic. I'm pretty sure Season 1 is, but it's been a while since I watched it. However, that is a ridiculous price. I'd due my do diligence.

red flag, red flag, red flag

danger, Will Robinson...

larry

I bought the wife Season 1 on DVD, and it's 16x9, though I'm pretty sure I saw it available in Full Screen (yuck!) at Best Buy. I also own Season Six (part one-there's twelve episodes on it....I thought that's a whole season?) on HD-DVD. I'm so friggin' hooked on this show now, I've got to get my hands on the rest, never having had HBO.

I've got a feeling it's going to be a hella long time before anymore seasons get released on HD-DVD.

And yeah.....that $129 box set price smells like week old fish. Kinda why I'm asking around here what anyone knows about this e-store.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.