Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--- Added edit ---

I can't beleive it, all I had to do was hit play... it just wouldn't "autorun" in my player *boggle* so I hit play and the pre-menu video pops on and the menu comes up, everthing works great, I was really going to wonder why my Toshiba (which won't read a damn thing) in the downstairs bedroom worked with it but my better player wouldn't. Thanks to everyone who replied, leaving the original thread intact so it's not confusing to anyone =P

Cyrl

--- Original post ---

So I try my first DVD+RW for viewing on my standalone last night, (do it to +RW first) now on VCDHELP it lists my DVD player as being able to play basically everything, -r -rw +r +rw. So I pop it in my DVD player and all it says is 2 on the front LCD and can't play it. So I think maybe it just doesn't like this particular RW so I do it on a +R, great I now have video playing but absolutely no audio, all I have hooked up for my DVD player audio wise is the optical cable. As far as I can tell the audio is there (works on the PC, for both type discs) but it just flat out refuses to play audio on my player, I don't have more than like 5 DVD RW's but they are all the same type as the one I tested, I cant' keep testing R's because well if they don't work that's just too much of a waste, does anyone have any idea that might be able to help. Oh yeah, it's in here because these are mpg's I've ripped from my Replay TV without re-encoding. If I toss these MPG's onto a XSVCD without re-encoding it works perfect in my player, but I can't get my nice menus and such that way.

Well thanks in advance if anyone has any suggestions, I'm kind of wary of burning +r after +r just to see what works though.

·
Registered
979 Posts
There's a couple levels of compatibility with recordable DVD. Format (DVD-R/RW/+R/+RW et al), Media (different brands can perform differently), Streams (the MPEG files themselves), Authoring (what you use to author a DVD Video disc), and finally whatever you use to perform the burn itself.

Since those same MPEGs are working in XSVCD format; I'd say that probably rules out the streams themselves.

Also Replay MPGs recorded on HIGH are *NOT* DVD Video compliant and will require a re-encode to work properly. Medium should work. Standard gets into semi-iffy since some DVD players will balk if the bitrate drops below a certain level.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Woooooooooo (t)

I connected the analog audio cable and POOF PRESTO, AUDIO!!!! Now I'm going to go sit in my corner and write "I will not ask questions that I can figure out myself" on the wall 50000 times.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
High is not compliant? is it due to spikes higher than the max bitrate?

I am using Ulead workshop to make the DVD folders and then Nero to burn it, I used Ulead to burn the RW the first time but no good, so I tried it in nero, also no good, and then I did the +R in nero, whcih I'm now watching episode 1 of taken, and man it looks better than it did when watching on the replay, my DVD player does a great job of getting rid of the fuzzies that I get on sci-fi channel broadcasts. Kinda bothered that it does not function with the

Going to go test it in the Toshiba downstairs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.