AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I know there is an official thread, but I searched it with no luck. I have my PS3 hooked up to HDMI 1, and the cable to HDMI 2 on the receiver. Everything was working fine until earlier today. On HDMI 1, video is passing through but audio is not. HDMI 2 is fine. Does this mean that the HDMI 1 port is screwed up, or there is something to fix this? Please help! Thank you.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess I don't know anything about that. Where do I go in the menu to do that? Also, what settings do I need to save and am I going to have to do the calibration stuff over again? Thanks for the suggestion btw.

·
Registered
9,573 Posts
When "Microprocessor Reset" is perform it will restore all settings back to factory default. Also you will lose all your calibration settings and input assignments. (see page 42 in OM)

Steps using the buttons on the Unit not the remote

1. Switch off the unit using (small button)

2. Hold the following and and press (small button)

3. Check that the entire display is blinking with an interval of about 1 second, and release your fingers from the two buttons

* The microprocessor will be initialized

If this fails to correct your problem, then you'll have to get it serviced. Unless someone else post another solution, good luck.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That did it, thanks! Now my sub and speakers seem like they are louder than before haha. Any suggestions for those settings, besides distance which I will have to calibrate.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
True. I am using older Velodyne CHT-Front Row speakers, the BIC H-100 sub. From what I understand, set all speakers to small and the sub crossover to 120hz. I think I had my receiver set to LFE+main before, which is wrong because that is the setting for large front speakers. So I suppose I should have it set on LFE only. Maybe that is why it sounds louder?

EDIT: I also just noticed that it takes the volume turned up louder to hear the main audio? Is there something I should do as far the decibals on the speakers? Anyone have any ideas for this? I will def run Audysey, but I just wanted to know about these things.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.