AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put up a ChannelMaster 4228 UHF antenna at a friend's house yesterday. It's attached to a DTC100. I can't get any digital channels at all.

The location may be a nightmare. Portola Valley, the house is in an elevated valley with 2 large steel water tanks in the line of sight to Sutro. I'll be sure to turn off program guides and elevate the 4228 as high as possible. Any other ideas?

TIA Curtis

·
Registered
740 Posts
What do the analog UHF signals look like. LOTS of reflections or lots of noise??

Bob

------------------

CBS New York

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by BobRoss (edited 03-31-2001).]

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
You did do a channel search on the DTC100 right ?? Do you get the analog channel 5 at all ?? My analog 5 comes in ghosty and snowy, but digital 29-1 is crystal clear. Also, I have NO line of sight to sutro, but have my antenna pointed towards the coastal range, getting the bounce of the signal, and 29-1 as all the SF digital stations come in rock solid.

-rick

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I performed (several) full channel searches on the DTC. Analog 5 is a mess.

UHF analog is very sloppy. I would say it's much more noise/ lack of signal than reflections.

I'll raise the antenna way up on a rotor. This could be the worst location imaginable for OTA anything. Even my car FM radio sounds horrible up there. There is also a power transformer in the way. For some of the most expensive real estate on the planet you would hope for better results!

Curtis

[This message has been edited by Curtis (edited 03-31-2001).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.