AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After tweaking my system for several months, I am finally thinking of room treatment. I noticed that my left speaker (has a built-in powered sub) has peaks at low frequencies and has a very different bass response compared to the identical right-speaker though the gain for the built-in sub is turned way down low. It is about 2' away from the back wall and 2' away from the nearest point in the side wall and 4' away from the farthest point on the side wall. The side wall curves at the fire-place and hence this problem.

What kind of material should I use for sound absorption/diffusion just behind the left speaker for the rear wall ? I guess a 5'x5' foam may work well as part of it can hide behind a 55" TV. Is there any special kind of foam that can be covered with GOM or similar type of material ? Please note that this is a temporary solution (10 months) in a town home. Please include links on products and also places to shop for. How much would it cost for a 5'x5' absorption/diffusion material.

Thanks,

-Jai

·
Registered
72 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.