AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My listening room has suspended hardwood floors with semi-heavy, wall to wall carpet. I have a pair of B&W Nautilus 804s, which I absolutely love.

With the spikes supplied with my N804s fully extended (just a tad over 1"), the bottom of my speakers were still pretty much resting on the carpet. My N804s felt fairly stable. I decided to try a pair of Sound Anchor (2.5") speaker stands, partially for the longer spikes.

I rec'd my Sound Anchor speaker stands yesterday. Even though my N804s just sit on the Sound Anchors, they feel EXTREMELY stable now, much better than before.

Last night, my family was around, so I couldn't really turn up the volume. I was pretty impressed with the improvement in sound. The first thing I noticed was a large improvement in transparency. This was at app. 70-75 decibels.

This afternoon, I got to turn them up to about 75-85 decibels. Whoa, baby! To say I'm impressed is a huge understatement. At decent volume, the improvement in sound is incredible! A layer of sonic mud has been removed. The bass is MUCH cleaner.

Apparently, the interaction between my N804s & my suspended floors was causing major resonance or something. I don't really know what's going on. I do know this, I love my Sound Anchors! For $225 (shipped) they are one fine tweak!

·
Registered
21,720 Posts
Fantastic!!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.