AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having problems with sound using the MDP100.

When I select "wave" for audio output in the AV Setup screen:

1) I don't get a 5.1 audio signal coming out of the optical line of my Intel D845PEBT2 Motherboard (I'm using the integrated sound card built into it).

2) I get sound delay in relation to my TV video signal. Sometimes up to a 1 second delay.

On the other hand, when I select "SDPIF" for audio output in the AV setup screen:

1) I get a nice 5.1 signal without delay coming out of the SDPIF on the MDP100 card that my receiver understands and projects nicely.... Unfortunately, this means that no other sounds from my computer can be heard... only sound from the MDP100. I don't want to switch between two sources on my receiver.

2) Any TV video that is recorded has no sound.

Is there any way to get the following?:

1) No delay between video and sound while viewing (and in recordings).

2) A 5.1 digital audio signal (from the MDP100) coming from my optical line out on my Intel motherboard.

3) All computer sounds coming from that same optical line out on my Intel motherboard. (game sounds, AVI playback, DVD playback, etc.)

4) MDP100 recordings that have audio.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Michael

·
Registered
39 Posts
Come on guys, with all the people using this HD card someone has to have the answer.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just bouncing this back to the front, my brother is the one that posted this so I am intrested in helping him get an answer to this question.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.