AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO I got everything hook up. But before I set everything in place, I wanted to make sure things work properly. So I cut on my cable (is hooked through a HDMI cable), Ihave sound and picture. I powered on my PS3 (HDMI cable), works like a champ. Fired up my Xbox 360 (hooked through the HD-def componet cables), I have picture and no sound. I fire up my DVD (hooked through HD-componet cables ((480p,480i), no sound. So I cant figue out the problem, I check the wires and they are in the correct color code.

Also, my Xbox 360 goes haywire when I set the setting within the console to 1080p, it makes a double screen with funny colors.

Anyone have any ideas?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
562 Posts
Hey RickRock:


I'm not sure that I understand fully. You say that you have video for your Xbox and DVD player hooked up via component cables, but how do you have audio hooked up? HDMI cables carry video and audio signals, but your display requires separate audio cables for component video connections (see pg. 16 of your manual for an example of how to hook up a DVD player via component).


If you look at the specifications for your display (pg. 92 of your manual) it notes that your component inputs support up to 1080i- 1080p is not listed. It looks like your Xbox goes haywire at 1080p through component because that resolution is not supported via component.


HTH
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelpie /forum/post/0


Hey RickRock:


I'm not sure that I understand fully. You say that you have video for your Xbox and DVD player hooked up via component cables, but how do you have audio hooked up? HDMI cables carry video and audio signals, but your display requires separate audio cables for component video connections (see pg. 16 of your manual for an example of how to hook up a DVD player via component).


If you look at the specifications for your display (pg. 92 of your manual) it notes that your component inputs support up to 1080i- 1080p is not listed. It looks like your Xbox goes haywire at 1080p through component because that resolution is not supported via component.


HTH


Thanks for the info. Its funny Ive had my Xbox 360 and dvd player hooked up so long that I forot about the audio cables.

I never knew that the componets only support 1080i, thenhow does the HD-DVD player outputs to 1080p and why do they give me an option for 1080p om my Xbox 360?

Is this just a tv issue or a Xbox issue?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
562 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRock /forum/post/0


I never knew that the componets only support 1080i, thenhow does the HD-DVD player outputs to 1080p and why do they give me an option for 1080p om my Xbox 360?

Is this just a tv issue or a Xbox issue?
Your display's component inputs only accept up to 1080i, but apparently there are other displays that accept 1080p via component (e.g. some Samsungs). Whether that's a Xbox issue (no HDMI output) or a tv issue (no 1080p via component) depends on your point of view. Either way I wouldn't worry about it too much if it were me. I'd bet that 1080i HD-DVD's look great on your new display.


HTH
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelpie /forum/post/0

Your display's component inputs only accept up to 1080i, but apparently there are other displays that accept 1080p via component (e.g. some Samsungs). Whether that's a Xbox issue (no HDMI output) or a tv issue (no 1080p via component) depends on your point of view. Either way I wouldn't worry about it too much if it were me. I'd bet that 1080i HD-DVD's look great on your new display.


HTH

will HD-DVD @ 1080p look as good @ 1080i?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
562 Posts
RickRock, I would think the best place for you to find information and ask questions about your new display would be in the owners' thread . It looks like there's a great group of people actively posting there who would be happy to help. There's tons of good information there already.


Good luck
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top