AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone may of mentioned this already, if they did i apologize for posting it again.. But they have a shootout between the Seleco HT300, Runco VX1000 and Sharp 9000. Its pretty good.. They sound somewhat similiar but like me the author liked the Runco the Best.. Definately worth reading if you can..

Chris

·
Registered
11,020 Posts
Chris:

I looked over that review and while I admit to not reading it thoroughly my take on it at was that it was like every other review that Sound & Vision has ever done - completely non-committal saying nice things about all three products and not picking a winner. I will look at it again.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I agree with QQQ -- Sound and Vision is very heavily supported by advertisers and they rarely publish a review that wouldn't support buying the product. Nice pictures, though ;)

Mike

·
Premium Member
24,820 Posts
I seem to remember a very definite statement that the Runco was better commensurate with its higher price - or was that another mag?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think your right, he does pick the Runco over the others.. And he does state the bad and good of each projector...

Chris

·
Registered
246 Posts
I read the Sound & Vision article last night. No PJ was identified as the "BEST" from what I read. But what is "BEST"?... BEST to whom? BEST to me, can only be determined by me and BEST to you can only be determined by you. All the magazine articles and all the posted threads here is just someone's opinion. I believe people who write magazine articles as do people who post threads here give you their honest opinion, based upon how they see it, nothing to lose any sleep over. I know some people here get a bit defensive and get a bit excited..... I guess it makes them happy and makes them feel good about themselves. Enjoy... Ron AZ

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ron AZ
I read the Sound & Vision article last night. No PJ was identified as the "BEST" from what I read. But what is "BEST"?... BEST to whom? BEST to me, can only be determined by me and BEST to you can only be determined by you. All the magazine articles and all the posted threads here is just someone's opinion. I believe people who write magazine articles as do people who post threads here give you their honest opinion, based upon how they see it, nothing to lose any sleep over. I know some people here get a bit defensive and get a bit excited..... I guess it makes them happy and makes them feel good about themselves. Enjoy... Ron AZ
Well said Ron. In the final analysis you have only to please yourself. On the way back from CES one night a cab driver said he had a pair of Bose speakers and a 19" tv. He seemed pretty darn satisfied.

Chris

·
Registered
900 Posts
I agree and disagree. S/V tends to be to vauge. Look at the British mags like "What Hi-Fi " or "HI-FI source"(I think I screwed up the name. )They tend to rate and compare with the Champs every month in every catergory . They are not afraid to give an opinon. Check out www.Whathifi.com . Plus they are fun to read.

Larry Kosova

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Come now. Reading between the lines, it's absolutely clear the writer picked the Runco as being the most enjoyable to watch (and yes, I am biased).

But I agree about one thing: Sound & Vision is not up to our reviewing standards (what magazine is? perhaps WSR?) and is aimed at a "different" audience.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.