AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have SONY 55" TV with 20 Watts speaker output. Upon connection to the cable converter the volume need to bring it up at least 60 on a scale of 1-100 for a descent hear of the conversation. If I buy a sound bar with built in sub-woofer, should I look for something more than 20 Watts or what kind of technical capability I need to hear clearly ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Your problem may be with the audio settings of the cable box. I know my Time Warner boxes have a couple of settings in the audio menu that can make a pretty big difference in the volume of the television.

·
Registered
754 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr51  /t/1467580/sound-bar-advice#post_23185987

Your problem may be with the audio settings of the cable box. I know my Time Warner boxes have a couple of settings in the audio menu that can make a pretty big difference in the volume of the television.

In addition, I need to manually turn the volume all the way up on my cable box. Not with the remote. Actually hitting the VOL+ button on my cable box until it's maxed out. If I don't, the volume is low or I hear an annoying noise. Once I turn the volume up on my cable box once, I can control the volume on my TV.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.