AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by force10  /t/1470773/sound-bar-w-wireless-sub-receiver#post_23266303

Yah and their not as good,you didn't specify your price point.

Very true. I guess I hadn't thought about my price point, but it seems you found the upper bound. =)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yep, one that is getting rave reviews from expert reviewers and customers almost everywhere is LG NB3530A. Cost about $269.99 most places right now.

However, from what I have read about this one is that it has no HDMI input slots. It only connects via your TVs (Optical) Audio Out connection on the back of your set.

My understanding of this connection type, (Optical) Audio Out and not HDMI, is that you cannot use your TV's remote to change or turn off/on the volume. You must use the LG soundbar remote to do this.

That being said, in the Amazon.com reviews, many people have said that various models of Logitech Universal Remotes will do the trick e.g. that you can have control of the soundbar, TV, DVD player, etc from those various Logitech universal remotes. Many of the reviewers gave the model numbers of the remotes that worked successfully with this soundbar and their AV equipment.

Here is the Amazon link for the LG NB3530A soundbar:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_5?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=lg+nb3530a&sprefix=lg+nb%2Celectronics%2C284

You can always do a Google search and see what all is out there in whatever price range you choose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts