AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i am looking for a dvd that i can calibrate my system and integrate all speakers seamlessly. i have a 5.1 DTS/DD setup with mirage OM-7 for rear and front, OMC-2 for center and mirage bps subs for each channel. it doesnt have to be an action film, i just want some opinions for the most seamless audio transitions.

jsut to be clear i DO NOT want a demo list, it can me a drama(the sweet hereafter) just so long as it has a good chapter i can put on repeat until i get the sound going. THANKS

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Get yourself the AVIA test disc and a sound meter. The Radio Shack meter is inexpensive (analog type) and works very well. The AVIA disc has test tones that will allow you to calibrate the levels of the R/L, center, SR,SL and LFE.

John Moschella

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
Avia is definitely superior for audio setup. It has more calibration tones by far. Get a SPL meter and Avia, and spend some time to understand your system, and you can get great results.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Dean is right. Avia is great and you can pick up a calibration SPL meter at Radio Shack.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.