AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

Hopefully this thread is in the right place.

I recently built a new computer and I am currently using the onboard audio. I am looking at the sound card below (Srry can post links) and trying to determine if it is worth the cost.

HT | OMEGA CLARO Plus+ 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Interface Sound Card

I run a digital coax cable from the PC to a yamaha reciever. Its nothing to crazy, it was in the $300 range when I purchased it. I then have 2 yamaha bookshelf speakers and a yamaha 10" sub.

I only use this to listen to music when working on other items. I generally use 320kbps MP3 or FLAC files.

The sound card claims it will do 24-bit 192KHz, but will my reciever even be able to take advantage of that? Im not sure if there are limitations on that end.

What are your opinions/thoughts on this?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Do you own any audio files that are 24 bit 192khz? Kind of like asking if you can take advantage of your Ferrari if you only drive in Manhattan NY. If you have no source material that is 24 bit 192khz, what difference would it make? SPDIF cannot handle multi-channel high def audio files either.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im not sure if I have audio files encoded that high. Do you have any idea what FLAC files are generally encoded at?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts