AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is my situation. I have a surround sound that unfortunately only has 1 optical connection on it. It doubles as my PC speakers and my computer speakers. What I am wanting to be able to do is plug my 360 into my computer and just have it passthrough to the surround sound. The problem is the way I understand it, most cards would only be able to pass stereo. Is there any card out there that can pass 5.1 audio over optical? Also I would like to be able to use my 360 with the Logitech G930 headset as well.

Another option that I am wondering about is actually pulling the audio from my 360s HDMI cable. This would require a card that can pass through HDMI without delay and allow my PC to send the sound out through an optical connection. Would that be possible?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin /forum/post/19559519

You lost me at "Plug my 360 into my computer"

I am wanting to plug my Xbox 360s optical audio into my computer. Then I want to be able to pass the 5.1 audio on to my surround sound system through an optical connection. Also I would like to be able to pass that audio on to a Logitech G930 Headset, which connects to the PC through USB. So far I have not been able to find anything that can receive 5.1 Dolby Audio through an optical connection. Many can output it, but I haven't found any that can receive it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am not really wanting to do this for the sole purpose of plugging them both into the optical connection. I have my PC connected to the stereo plugs on the receiver and am perfectly fine with that. The main reason I want to run the audio through is so that I can use the Logitech G930 headphones on my Xbox 360. Unfortunately these headphones operate through a wireless USB connection, so they will not work with a 360 without a PC.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.