AVS Forum banner
  • Our native mobile app has a new name: Fora Communities. Learn more.

Sound Card with Digital Out (to hook to Onkyo 875)

844 Views 3 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  solrad
I am looking for a sound card with at least 2 digital outputs, one of which must be optical. The second can be either optical or coaxial.

My goal is to run digital sound output from my computer to two separate A/V receivers: one Onkyo TX-SR875 and an older Sherwood-Newcastle in the next room.

Any suggestions?.....
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Scored big time with Oxygen HD chip based Bluegears B-Enspirer DTS encoding 24 bit 192kHz cards, about $45 on the eecky bay. Fabulous sound, even though they use optical out. They replaced the venerable 2 channel PCM coax 44kHz TB Santa Cruz cards on the HTPC and work rig upstairs.

The elusive X-Meridian is another story.

Of course read up, but you will come back to C-Media cards.

At work i use a lesser X-plosion with a Yamaha DP-U50 96kHz PCM coax accepting processor, and Swans amplified speakers, very happy with Bluefm Korean ambient station.

In my wife and coworker's office i had to use a workaround with her old laptop with a PCMCIA USB2 adapter - E-Mu 0202 - Parasound Zamp v.2 - Energy E 2.1s all from the eecky bay for funny money. Needless to say her 192KHz setup is a lot better sounding, but she is making a third baby and needs all the relaxation she can get now

Winamp both computers of course.

And for the other room snag an Optiplex P4 tower with half a gig memory for about $100 off ebay, then put the card on it, fewer trips to the other room.
See less See more
Hmmm, the Auzentech X-Meridian seems like it would be perfect. Since I could get one digital out on the main card and the second digital out on an add-on X-Tension DIN card.

Unfortunately, I cannot find the X-Meridian for sale anywhere. And the Auzentech site says they are not making them anymore. *sad face*

The B-Enspirer looks great, but as far as I can tell it only has a single digital output?
Thanks for the suggestions, by the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobpaule /forum/post/12877542

And for the other room snag an Optiplex P4 tower with half a gig memory for about $100 off ebay, then put the card on it, fewer trips to the other room.

The goal is to have the same sound playing in both rooms simultaneously, so this option will not work....
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.