AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently finished my HTPC + Nvidia 3D Vision setup with an Acer H5360 projector (with a Dual DVI to HDMI cable to play 3D), and I cannot figure out how to output HD audio via optical or coaxial. The video card I'm using is a GT240 based card and the motherboard I'm using is a Gigabyte which has integrated HD audio out (optical and coaxial), however when I hook up the digital audio out from the PC to my audio receiver there's no sound (If I use the line out port I do get stereo output). The player I'm using for 3d blu-rays is PowerDVD 10, and I configured it to play to SPDIF / digital audio, but that didn't help.

Do I need to buy a separate sound card to send/process the digital audio? Blu-ray 3D movies look amazing on a 100' screen, but without full surround sound it just isn't a 'theater experience' yet.

Thanks for any suggestions you might have!

Chad

·
Registered
10,965 Posts
You will want to check over in the HTPC area, or better yet check out the other Acer thread here at 3D Central. You should be able to output HD audio via the HDMI port, and 3D video via the DVI port to the Acer. Others are doing it with an nVidia 430 card. I don't know for sure if the 240 has the capability, but others in the Acer thread should be able to tell you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I'll post it over in the Acer thread. The Dual-DVI to HDMI cable is actually sending audio to the Acer (the H5360 has a very weak speaker in it) but I can't pass through anything more than line level audio.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts