AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building an 18' x 20' x 8' home cinema in the basement and need some effective, low cost sound control methods.

Cinema wall construction consist of 2 x 4 studs attached to the floor joists (structured I-beams) above and concrete floor. Front and right side walls are spaced 1" from the poured concrete foundation walls. Back and left side walls are double walled with staggered studs because they are adjacent to other rooms in the basement. Ceiling will have a 2' drywalled tray around the perimeter of the room with an acoustic drop ceiling in between. All walls and ceiling will be insulated with Owens Corning acoustic insulation.

I have priced ASC's Iso-Wall system at about $4500.00. I have also priced Acoustiblok sound deadening material at about $6500.00. Neither solution includes the cost of drywall.

Since both of these methods are way over budget, I am looking for less expensive solutions to keep the noise in the cinema and out of the rest of the house.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Mike

·
Registered
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by maddog11159

Since both of these methods are way over budget, I am looking for less expensive solutions to keep the noise in the cinema and out of the rest of the house.

Thanks in advance, Mike
Mike

Please refer to the "How much over budget is normal" thread. You will

see there is no such thing as a budget.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
maddog - there are several previous posts covering this topic in great detail. My suggestion is to try some slow searches for your answers to your question. You'll find some good info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.