AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I need some advice. One of the things that the midrange Elites have against them is the small # of optical inputs. Well, I just found the nifty optical (non directional) splitters which allow you to run multiple opticals into one optical input. If I chose to get these do you think there wound be any sound degradation? Also, what about optical to coaxial converters? Do you think these would have sound degradation?

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
My pref would be the optical-to-coaxial conversion, which I use between my optical-only sat receiver and my coax-only pre/pro. I use the inexpensive one from Parts Express, seen here . Sounds just fine.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
You can't get sound degradation on a digital signal unless the signal is so bad you get data dropouts. So any splitter will either work or not work for you. If it works it will not affect the sound.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Kainan
Thanks man! I just placed an order. ;)
You're welcome, man!
Quote:
Originally posted by lespurgeon
You can't get sound degradation on a digital signal unless the signal is so bad you get data dropouts. So any splitter will either work or not work for you. If it works it will not affect the sound.
My sentiments exactly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.