AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running Klipsch Reference Speakers (RF3II, RC3II, RS3II). I am looking for a new receiver and am deciding between Pioneer 53tx and Yamaha 1400. I have heard that the Pioneer is a better match for the Klipsch speakers as Yamaha receivers can sound bright. I am hoping with the YPAO the yamaha will adjust for the speakers.

I am asking because I like the features on the Yamaha such as 7 a/v inputs instead of 5 on the Pioneer.

Any opinions would be apreciated.

thanks

Dave

·
Registered
80 Posts
I listened to the pioneer 53tx vs the yamaha 2400 (they didnt have the 1400) on Klipsh speakers (I didn't check the model). I not sure if I can hear brightness if it beat me over the ears, but I did think that the pioneer sounded slightly better. It seemed to have a bit more depth. The sales guy agreed with me, but that might have just been cause he was trying to sell me. I listened to 2 channel direct mode for both systems (it bypasses all the YPAO and MCACC and other sound processing.)

I also listened to the sony 3000es, and didn't like it as much.

Of course, the whole setup was in a room about 20 feet wide, and 10 feet long, with lots of wire and switches between source and speaker.

Even though the pioneer sounded a little better,

I'm leaning towards the rx-v1400 because of the lower price. They both have nice features, and good reputation.

Ed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.