AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope someone can help, I am stumped. I use an Oppo BDP93 and two Directv dvrs with my Marantz AV8801. On a random basis the sound will drop out for a half second or so, like a glitch. The system behaves likes this with both dvrs and the Oppo playing blu-ray and regular dvds.

There is no video drop out.

I run hdmi to the Marantz from all three pieces.

When I notice the sound drop out with the dvrs, I hit the back button to rewind and play again. The sound plays perfectly without the just experienced drop out.

Suggestions?

Enjoy the Forum. Thanks.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I think the first and easiest thing to do is check the cables for loose connections, and/or replace them.

·
Registered
34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjoGM  /t/1524646/sound-drop-out#post_24539803

On a random basis the sound will drop out for a half second or so, like a glitch.

I think if you searched around that you would find you are not alone with this problem. I have seen and read of it affecting equipment from Onkyo, Denon, Yamaha, and in your case Marantz. Nobody seems to have a clue what causes this. Changing HDMI cables I can almost guarantee won't fix it based on what I've seen. Good luck and if you find a resolution please be sure to post it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts