AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching "Thirteen Days" live this afternoon on Starz 520 in Dolby Digital. Every so often there were periods of no sound that lasted 5 to 10 seconds. Sometimes the picture was out of sync too. I recorded this movie a while ago with no sound dropouts. Any one else having problems with sound recently?

·
Registered
530 Posts
hook up both DD and analog rca phono jacks to the receiver and it should reduce the duration of the sound drops to almost nothing.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Starz does this on both my Dtivo and UTV...I'm new to UTV but with DTivo I can just switch to the Analog track and it works...not sure if there is an equivalent option on UTV.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input. At least I know it is not my system. Still, it seems that Startz/DirecTV should fix the problem. We are paying premium money for Starz and Dolby Digital should not have sound breaks. Maybe I'll switch back to HBO.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by stevepvr
Thanks for the input. At least I know it is not my system. Still, it seems that Startz/DirecTV should fix the problem. We are paying premium money for Starz and Dolby Digital should not have sound breaks. Maybe I'll switch back to HBO.
Actually, I just got home and found it. Press "Info" the press left twice to get over the sound icon and press select. It will toggle through the the different sound tracks including the SAP if available. But I agree, it should be fixed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.