AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for additional surrounds and can get a used pair of Sound Dynamics RTS-RS1 for $50. Are they worth it? I don't know much about Sound Dynamics.

·
Registered
29,316 Posts
I have a pair of those surrounds with my Athena F1 & C1 setup. Work great as surround speakers. And they can be wall mounted too.

Sound Dynamics is a sister company of Athena, Energy and Mirage. Don't think the SD company is in production anymore.

What are your other speakers?

·
Registered
6,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My others are Polk (RTi6, RTi4, CSi3 and PSW505).

So you think they're worth the $50 asking price? I'm up in Canada where electronics are generally much more expensive

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have the SS-1Bs for rear surrounds and they're great.

·
Registered
29,316 Posts
$50 for a pair of surrounds is very cheap. Yeah, get em. Unless you can get another pair of Polk bookshelf speakers cheaply.

If you're using these in a 7.1 setup, the SD speakers should be on the sides while the RTi4 are in the rear as surround back speakers.

·
Registered
6,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks afrogt for the input, I got them. They're in mint condition and should do the trick nicely!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.