Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone

on the hitachi 57xwx on Ant C hd feed I notice a lot of sound fluctuation .. now is this a fault of the tv or is my signal fading or somethings .. it is very noticable for example ..watching CSI miami yesterday and when the show comes on I have to set the volume up to 38-40 and when commercials come i have to bring it down to about 20 to keep the sound at the same level ..it is very annoying since I'm adjusting volume every time commercials come .. now I tried it with the sound enhancements settings but still don't see much difference ..

please help ...

thanks

Zee

·
Registered
291 Posts
You could try using mute during commercials. The rare times I watch TV live, I always mute the commercials. Or, some of the newer models have a feature that is supposed to adjust the sound level to keep it more consistent.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Same experience here with 65XWX with loud commercials (yes, especially during CSI Miami last night). I just figured it was a broadcast thing, but now you have me wondering. I can't imagine how it could be anything with the TV/Tuner, though.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mfusick
Comercials are louder than the show...to grab your attention..

It's not the tv, it's the signal.

The hitachi has a couple features in the audio menu to correct this, like perfect volume.

I know that commercials are louder than shows typically. However, it was EXTREME in this case. Also, it seems even more so on the 'C' input (I compared to satellite). The first set of commercials last night woke up the baby, and probably my neighbors before I could get to the remote.

I haven't had much luck with perfect volume with the internal speakers and I'm not sure that this feature isn't disabled when using optical out.

Rich

·
Registered
54 Posts
You should contact your local station. I found that with CBS in Atlanta, when they broadcast the regular CSI that the volume shoots up with the show and commercials (though the commercials are not any louder). This only happens during an HDTV broadcast and only on CBS. It isn't extreme though - just about 5 points higher on the tv internal volume meter.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have mixed commercials, there is a broadcast limit to sound levels. Television shows use a nominal level to mix at, commercials take it to the limit using audio compression.

Networks use broadcast limiters, so a call to them wont help since it is within the NTSC broadcast standards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.