AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I am very new to HT's and HTPC's. I have a new fast computer and was considering making it my main DVD player, etc.

I am using a Geforce 4 and an Audigy sound card, not sure of the DVD player. How do I plug in my graphics card to the projector (Sony 11HT) and more importantly, how do I go from sound card to my receiver.

Will the sound quality and picture quality suffer from coming for a pc and not a dedicated progressive scan DVD player?

Thanks for any info, the sound thing is bothering me. Assuming it works well, I had no idea sound cards were that good....

Chad

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi Capple:

___Welcome to the Home Theater Computer forum! With that, your sound question is valid because of the card you purchased. The Creative’s Ensoniq clones through the latest Audigy’s or any other consumer based cards for that matter are not in the same league as a Professional based unit. I am speaking of the M-Audio AP2496 here as just one most would use in a mid cost build for a sound unsurpassed from an HTPC. You may want to view the FAQ at the top of the first page as to what an HTPC and the various sound/video cards can and cannot do for you before asking any more questions. The time you spend in those golden threads will be worth more than a hundred posted questions that you may have currently.

___Good Luck and I hope you enjoy the reads.

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.