AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this one component that is loud. It's the fan in my Media Receiver for a Pioneer Elite Plasma tv. It's a known issue and there doesn't seem to be any way to fix it.

So I want to attempt to build a enclosure for it that i could line with insulation. but I am worried about the temperature inside this enclosure.

Anyone have any tips on how to build a sound insulated, well ventilated enclosure?

Thanks.

·
Registered
447 Posts
You could always create a vented box within a vented box. An additional fan (large with low rpm) would help airflow. two large vents in both boxes but set at 90 degrees from each other. In other words, you will be forcing the air to exit one box and go around an angle before exiting. This will reduce noise but still allow plenty of airlflow.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karp /forum/post/15442678

You could always create a vented box within a vented box. An additional fan (large with low rpm) would help airflow. two large vents in both boxes but set at 90 degrees from each other. In other words, you will be forcing the air to exit one box and go around an angle before exiting. This will reduce noise but still allow plenty of airlflow.

Thats a good idea! Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC /forum/post/15446155

Have you thought of modifying the receiver with a quieter fan? I don't have a clue how to but I've read about guys doing it all the time to their PC's and other gear.

Yeah. It's a possibility, but I know that if i open the box there is a trigger that requires you to use a computer to get the TV to turn on again. Guess im just worried about breaking it.. and also its the only tv in the house.. so i would have to know before hand what part to get.

Thanks though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.