AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an ADA Cinema Reference II and have run into a problem recently. When I switch from my DirecTV box back to my HTPC, sometimes the sound doesn't kick back in. I'm just using the onboard optical from a Gigabyte GA-MA790GP. I've had the system for 8 months now and this is a pretty recent occurence. It doesn't happen every time, but it happens enough that it pisses me off. I have to power cycle the ADA quite a few times before I get sound from the HTPC. This only happens when switching to the HTPC, so I'm wondering if there has been some sort of update from Microsoft that may have caused this or if anyone else has seen or heard of anything like this. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
708 Posts
well, either your receiver is on it's way out, or a driver issue with the optical out from your motherboard, have you tried updating the audio drivers? what Hz is outputting from the PC? check the driver cp, or vista sound cp.

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
My receiver, it's 10 years old, and it has always done this... I have to set the receiver's decoding method first, DD or DTS, THEN play the HTPC. If I don't do it in this order my receiver sometimes doesn't seems to know what decoding it wants to do, as if the stream header singly contains the identification info.

It doesn't bother me enuff to pronounce it a "problem."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts