AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I bought a Sony HT-XT1 in November and every now and then I would turn on the TV and the soundbase would also power on but no sound. The only way I could get the sound back was to do a system reset.

I cant find anyone else experiencing this problem so I rang Sony, they palmed me off to a repair centre. Repair centre replaced the main board. Still no joy, again every now and then it still did it.

Retailer replaced the unit and it still happens with the new one.

I have tried different HDMI cables but no joy. My set up is Panasonic TV to HT-XT1 by HDMI, the soundbase input is set to "TV". The TV also has a Sky box to it.

This issue tends to occur every few days.

Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I also happened with a Panasonic Soundbar (SC-HTB170) and my Sony Bravia 32W706: sometimes when you turn the TV there was no sound (although the bar is lit). Now I just bought a HT-XT1 and guess your problem is caused by an incompatibility between Sony and Panasonic products (HDMI-CEC). I think you could fix it by disabling the HDMI control in HT-XT1 and / or on your TV, or use the optical cable.

Good luck and best regards! :)

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
This is not an uncommon issue with sound bars... The bars are supposed to be connected to the ARC HDMI port but I find that the compatibility issues to be a problem with different brands. I have the same soundbar with a Samsung TV... 95% of the time, there are no issues, but sometimes even though bth are on, I get no sound. I have to reboot the TV to get it working...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is happening on a regular basis. Have tried different HDMI cables. Nothing fixes it and cannot get any sound unless system reset is done.

Surely this isnt right? Does anyone else with one of these and a non Sony TV have this issue?

This is my 2nd unit with the fault.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
How old is your TV? Maybe it's too old for a soundbar?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have a Panasonic S60 connected to this same model soundbase. When I power on my TV and ATT U-verse box simulataneously, i usually get one of two things, video with no sound (because the HT-XT1 is not on yet) or the HDCP HDMI handshake error. I THEN have to turn on the Sony soundbase and all is usually right. I too am connected via HDMI cables for everything, except I use an optical cable from the TV to the soundbase for the "TV" input so that my movies from flashdrives and netflix output correctly.

You may need to try a similar "change your startup routine" process as I had to do. If I power up the Sony soundbase first, then my tv or uverse box, no dice, it wont work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have exactly the same issue!! Panasonic 55" 4K tv connected to my soundbase via arc. It only seems to happen to the device that I have connected straight to the base into one of the back HDMI's. Picture comes on but no sound till I power of the base at the wall. Like you tried, a different device, cables and factory reset the base and it's stil the same.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts