AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully I posted this in the right section if not I'm sorry ..

I have a brand new 3312ci that had been working for about a month without any issues . Now I have this issue where the sound cuts in out real bad to the point where you can't watch the program on the television.I have uploaded a video from my iphone "sorry for the quality" .Hopefully someone can give me some feedback if theres anything that i can check to correct this issue .

Thanks in advance

Heres a link to the video

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v339/F_I_N_/WORK%20AND%20MISC/?action=view&current=BrandnewDenonReceiverbroken.mp4

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only sound loss issues were when I was using my Shaw cable/pvr hooked up through the HDMI . Tonight I came home from work immediately turned on the 3312ci with immediate results of sound loss to the point where the program was unwatchable . So needless to say this couldn't be from overheating issues , after this happened I immediately bypasssed the 3312ci receiver and hooked the Shaw cable/pvr directly to the television without any sound loss issues .

I also have done a reset and reprogrammed again with even worse results where sound wasn't put out to the previous levels after resetting the receiver "seems I had to turn the volumes levels higher to hear anything" ..

Heres another new video showing the flashing even faster than the previous video .

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v339/F_I_N_/WORK%20AND%20MISC/?action=view&current=3312cisoundloss.mp4

I have posted something at the Denon site without any answers yet ..

Any other suggestions ???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie  /t/1421419/sound-loss-issues-denon-3312ci#post_22244806

What you are experiencing is an HDMI handshake issue with the cable box as many cable/sat boxes are not designed to work with AVRs regardless of the brand. Connect HDMI to the TV with optical from the box to the AVR for surround audio.

Thanks very much really appreciate the prompt reply/help ...

Will give this a try ..

Question: Why would this setup work for well over a month without any sound loss issues at all then all of a sudden decide they aren't compatible with each other ???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts