AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I recently upgraded my 2 yr old HTPC from Vista Ultimate to Win 7 Ultimate. Everything seemed to go fine (did a clean install - not upgrade) except when I try to play music with WMC while connecting to it via remote desktop. When I do the sound is quickly muted and shows the muted icon in playback and devices screen. This only happens when connecting via remote desktop. The sound is fine if I log in at the HTPC. The sound also plays fine if I play music from the internet through a browser. Its just the combination of WMC/Win 7 and using remote desktop. I have done searches on this and have found others having this problem, but no solution - some say it is a bug in WMC - but I don't know. I have all the latest updates for Win 7 and the latest drivers. Anyone have an idea?

Thanks,

Ed

Mobo: ASUS P5Q-EM LGA 775 with Intel G45

CPU : Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 Wolfdale

A-Data 4 GB DDR2 SDRAM

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
In the RDP connection profile what do you have the Audio setting assigned to do? It is something like no sound, sound on client, or sound on host.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for responding. Yes, I should have stated in the original post that the RDP connection is set to leave the sound at the host. It works fine if I have the host (HTPC) play music from the internet and it also works fine if I play music using Windows Media Player on the HTPC. The sound only gets muted when I try to play music using Windows Media Center.

Ed

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Bryansj,

Would you have any recommendations on where to post this still unresolved issue. I posted on a MS WMC forum but no suggestions came there.

Ed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts