AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my MDP-120 for a month and love it. After watching HDTV for over 2 years I can finally record it. I have 2 slight problems. I run the sound out of the line-out of the sound card into the AA1158. When I bring up MYHD and the AA1158 switches over, the sound volume is quite reduced. I have turned the volume up on all the controls on the PC. Wave and everything. Still the volume is quite reduced. Is there just some impedance difference between the line-out on a PC and audio in on the TV? I found an equalizer that tweaks the sound on the mobo and ran all the sliders to the top. Now the sound is almost the same as output from the DTC-100. I have set Wave on and cable off in MYHD.

Second the HDTV picture displayed from the mdp-120 is slightly overblown and as such I lose a bit of the picture all around the edges. I'm not sure I'm explaining this right. It's like it zoomed in a bit. I know there is a Zoom option and it is turned off. My aspect ration 16:9 and Auto for the other one. As an example on a FOX (480p I know) from the DTC-100 the Fox logo in the lower left is several/many pixels from the left edge of thje picture. The same image thru the mdp-120 the Fox logo is ON the edge of the image.

I do not run my monitor to the HDTV system. Too many problems. I use the remote to accomplish all I need. Works great. I have an Abit KD-7 running XP Pro. Had no problems with installation or running.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.