AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My HTPC is slowly moving from almost OK to tweaking mode.

P4 2.4

AsusMB P4PE with onboard sound S/PDIF

myHD

ATI All in wonder Radeon 7500

etc...

I have the S/PDIF from the MB output to my receiver, the myHD audio output from the card goes into the motherboard onboard audio connector (allow stero input from sound sources such as CdROM, Tvtuner, MPEG card)

I pass video from the VGA into myHD then via transcoder to HDTV

I am one of those unlucky ones, whose cable service is HRC (i think it is) and thus the TV tuner portion of myHD cannot scan channels... so I got the ATI radeon AIW.

The ATI tuner installed fine, picture fine, but i get no sound. I cannot figure out what to use as a sound input

By configuring the Asus to 6 speaker, i lose line in, lineout and mic .

How can I get sound to work properly?

A. Can I use any of those complicated RCA inputs that come with the myHD or ATI AIW cards?.

B. Sound I not plug the myHD audio output into the motherboard, plug the tuner instead, then how do i get sound out of the myHD? Do I need an S/PDIF switch box? I would hate to switch sound sources on my receiver (Denon 3802)

Any ideas...I know there is a great mind out there

Pierre

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can i have the onboard audio on and add a PCI audio card, and have them both work at once?

Pierre

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by pierreb
Can i have the onboard audio on and add a PCI audio card, and have them both work at once?

Pierre
As i seem to be solving my own problems, i will post some answers here...

1. The on board sound on the P4PE, when its in 5.1 mode, disables the line in jack. If you put the board in 2 or 4 speaker mode, the line in jack gets turned on, and you can plug in the ATI AIW in there.

2. Now I can record, with sound, but playback or TV mode is still soundless via the S/PIDF on the MB. I am guessing that I may need speakers from lineout to get sound, or connect the cdconnector from the ATI card directly into the CDinput on the MB...my next experiment

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm considering upgrading to the p4pe/r/f/l. Due to the mb being so new you may not get many replies. It appears you are answering your own questions through trial and error.

Please continue to post your results as you dial everything in. It will help all of us considering the p4pe mb. Your updates and input is very much appreciated.

Thank you

Lefty

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.