AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a purportedly new RP91 via eBay (I don't think it is actually new because the cover for the "optical in" on the back of the unit is missing). I hooked it up last night and had some small problems with the sound.

When playing a Superbit version of Fifth Element, the sound would occasionally "pop" off. By that, I mean, just for the blink of an eye, the sound would completely mute itself, although the picture would appear to be unaffected. The sound pops off and then comes back right in place as though it never missed a beat. It's like a skip in a record. I thought maybe it was the disc, but then I tried Sting's Live in Tuscany DVD and experienced the same problem. I messed with all kinds of different options in the online menus, but could not alleviate it. There doesn't appear to be a pattern either, one time it happened after about 5 minutes of viewing then maybe 10 minutes, and so on.

Anyone know what is going on? It upsets me enough to be considering sending the player back to the guy I bought it from and tell him it is broken. But if I do that, I'll be out of pocket a fair amount of money due to shipping, customs, etc.

Thanks

Corry

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply, Kris. I assume Toslink implies the Optical out? That is what I am using, not the coax. I'll give it a try though and see if there is any difference. You think it might be the connector or the cable, or does it still lie with the disc read?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.