AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping someone here may know what the deal is...

I recently picked up a 40gig PS3 and during 2 movies (Simpsons Blu and Final Destination 3 SDVD) the sound dropped out. For Simpsons it was during the previews before reaching the main menu and for Final Destination 3 it was around the hour mark. Has anyone heard of these issues before and have any clue what could be causing it? Other movies I have watched have had no problems other then Blu showing just how bad the effects for Spidey 3 are, but you can't blame that on the machine

·
Registered
767 Posts
do you have the audio out setting as bitstream? I can only assume you have hooked up your optic cable and your a/v reciever set to "Auto" for the sound. But make sure you have the PS3 audio set to "bitstream" for all audio outs, including HDMI

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
yeah,

As a PS3 owner I was getting some surround dropouts with optical at times. Took me a while to know that bitstream is the way to go for our older receivers/processors. Now you have to select the right audio on the disc and you'll be set. I was told TrueHD is the best for an optical connection. Now there's no dropouts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts