AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I just gotten my showstopper setup and it appears to be working just fine except for the sound. The picture is fine and I had no problems setting up the unit its self. I am using a RCA DRD420RE with the S-video and composite audio for the sound, the TV is a 55 inch Mitsubs RPTV. The sound works with the cables on other things so I know that the cables are good. I have switched the cable to both of the different outputs on the back of the showstopper unit and nothing. The only sound is that of a low hum and that of my screams. Am I doing something wrong or is the audio shot on my unit. Is there an way to test this?

J. :confused:

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Grendal,

There are no sound controls at all in the showstopper. I suspect the unit is defective. There is one thing you can try. Do a 7-7-7 zones and choose "Restore factory setting" You will lose all recordings and have to run setup again. It's worth a shot. Post back how you made out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.